The illicit trade in tobacco has flourished in the UK over the past fifteen years, causing a considerable loss of sales, revenue and profits to legitimate retailers and wholesalers. To raise awareness of this issue, and help combat smuggling, JTI has published a booklet entitled Tobacco Smuggling, the UK challenge.
- Profile: Personal touch is winning formulaJohn and Elyse Mercer won a top accolade at last year’s Retail Industry Awards for [...]
- Editor’s comment: Tackling retail crimeIt’s a sad fact that crime remains the biggest operational challenge facing independent retailers. While violent [...]
- Skinger’s says: Low- and no-alcohol alternatives to the big brandsMany years ago, the drinks industry attempted to produce alcohol-free products as part of the [...]
- ACS survey reveals retailer optimism despite tough salesAccording to the Association of Convenience Stores (ACS), independent retailers are positive about their 2014 [...]
- Waitrose staff to receive 15% bonusWaitrose has announced that its staff are to share in £202.5m profits, representing 15% of [...]