The illicit trade in tobacco has flourished in the UK over the past fifteen years, causing a considerable loss of sales, revenue and profits to legitimate retailers and wholesalers. To raise awareness of this issue, and help combat smuggling, JTI has published a booklet entitled Tobacco Smuggling, the UK challenge.
- Dairy-free Flora as brand gets revampFlora, the Unilever spread brand, will be investing £12.5m in a brand repositioning campaign this [...]
- Bestway builds up its wine collectionBestway Wholesale has introduced four new lines to help its retailers keep up with the [...]
- Editor’s comment: Convenience beyond locationAt first glance, the findings of the new Shopper Stock Take index from Shoppercentric would [...]
- Fickle shoppers are turning to c-storesConvenience stores continue to benefit from shifting consumer habits in today’s post-recessionary landscape, even though [...]
- NFRN fury at Mail cut to marginsThe National Federation of Retail Newsagents (NFRN) is calling for an urgent meeting with the [...]