Simply Fresh is targeting further stores on London’s underground and railway network following the opening of its latest outlet inside St James’s Park tube station last week, reports today's Independent Retail News. The latest addition to the symbol group is an 800sq ft former CTN that now majors on the food-to-go, lunchtime and ‘meal for tonight’ [...]
- Rail hubs target for Simply FreshSimply Fresh is targeting further stores on London’s underground and railway network following the opening [...]
- FHM and Zoo titles are suspendedBauer Media has suspended the publication of FHM and Zoo to virtually end the era [...]
- SGF announces food bank initiative in ScotlandThe Scottish Grocers’ Federation (SGF) has announced a new pilot scheme allowing members and their [...]
- Nisa appoints four new board membersNisa has confirmed that four new member directors have been appointed to its board. At the [...]
- Co-op opens new store in Hulme, ManchesterThe Co-operative Food has announced the opening of a new store in Birley Fields, Hulme [...]
⚏Top News Stories
Bauer Media has suspended the publication of FHM and Zoo to virtually end the era of men’s lifestyle magazines on UK newsstands, reports today's Independent Retail News. Only GQ and Esquire, which have maintained more upmarket images, remain in a sector that once also included the monthly Loaded, Maxim, Arena and Front titles and the weekly [...]
Nisa has confirmed that four new member directors have been appointed to its board. At the company's annual general meeting (AGM) on 23 November, Nisa announced that Vimanji Odedra (who was previously a board member and was re-elected), Bharat Amin, Sukh Gill and Harry Goraya will all take up positions on the Nisa board. Nisa also said that [...]
The Co-operative Food has announced the opening of a new store in Birley Fields, Hulme following a £560,000 investment. Located close to Manchester Metropolitan University's Birley Fields campus, the Co-op said its new store features a focus on fresh, healthy foods, with in-store bakery. Store manager Rebecca Howard said: “We are delighted to have made such a [...]
Tesco has announced that it has agreed in principle to pay out $12m to settle one of two US lawsuits relating to last year's accounting scandal. It said the class action was against the company and certain former directors for alleged breaches of US laws in connection with the overstatement of profits last year, filed on [...]
The British Retail Consortium (BRC) says it welcomes the extension of the government's business rates review, but said yesterday's Autumn Statement would only have "minimum positive impact" on the retail industry. BRC director general, Helen Dickinson, said: "It is encouraging that the government appears to be taking their time to consider their options for fundamental review [...]
When scouting out the location for a new store, convenience retailers have traditionally focused on the demographics of the local population, or to put it more simply, the number of [...]
- When two worlds collide – Can the shopping experience ever live up to the hype?
- Talking Shop: A game-changer for the industry
- Skingers says: Why value for money is not always about price
- Editor’s comment: Tackling obesity – what impact will new measures have?
- Sugar tax: what is there to debate?
- Why smarter range optimisation needs a careful approach
- Why supermarkets enacting change need the power of three
- Can Tesco’s new ad campaign reconnect the brand with its audience?
- Skingers says: Spotlight on soft drinks
- Editor’s comment: The convenience market heats up
- What challenges will the new generation of polymer banknotes pose for retailers?
Simply Fresh is targeting further stores on London’s underground and railway network following the opening of its latest outlet inside St James’s Park tube station last week, reports today's Independent [...]
- FHM and Zoo titles are suspended
- SGF announces food bank initiative in Scotland
- Devolution does not address ‘key problems’ of business rates – BRC
- Blakemore Wholesale opens new Bangor depot
- Dee Bee opens new cash & carry in Hull
- Superstores evolve to provide convenience
- Costcutter offers social media training to its retailers
- ACS supports Small Business Saturday 2015
- Gilsons Foods joins Landmark Wholesale
- ACS calls for extension to rate relief scheme for small businesses
- My Local boost for independents
⚏Access the Digital Edition of Independent Retail News
Access the Digital Edition of Independent Retail News
The digital edition gives you full access to Independent Retail News from your computer, tablet or smartphone, anywhere in the world.Open Magazine